Tuesday 1 December 2015

Sparkly Christmas Scene

Hello and welcome! I am really struggling to get many posts out at the moment.... my first in a couple of weeks.  It is the first of the month so time for a new challenge at the  Country View Crafts challenge blog and the theme is Create a Scene - chosen by Rachel Fisher.

I thought I would go a little sparkly on this card -  a little unusual for me! My icy / snowy foreground being gessoed card, sparkly mod podge and some glitter jewels - oh and I threw in some weathered wood distress spray too...
My background was also gessoed (is that a word and how do you spell it!) card. Once dry I sponged various blue paints on it and once dry embossed with a dotty folder. I sanded back to reveal the texture (hopefully snow-like!)
Some stamped trees, deer and a Stampin' Up wooden greeting finish my card.
I will be back at the end of the week on the Country View projects blog - hope to see you there.
Nikki
xxx

12 comments:

  1. Fabulous little scene Nikki, love how you used those dies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the layering on this bold scene

    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore this Nikki - such a wonderful make - brilliant! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Nikki, and gessoed is definitely a word lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous layers to create your scene Nikki, love it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, see... great minds! Love the forest scape and that gorgeous deer so proud of his domain. Lovely sparkly snow too!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card - the colours you have chosen are a wonderful combination! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the bold colors and the wonderful snowy sky on your lovely winter woods scene Nikki! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should do sparkly more often Nikki! A lovely scene with so many fabulous layers. Jennie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Make Nikki love all the layers hugs Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the background and fab layer Nikki,just gorgeous.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just wanted to pop in and say hello Nikki. Hope all is going well with you. Beautiful card. Big holiday hugs coming at you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. Nikki